Job: Master Automotive Technician
We pride ourselves on providing an excellent guest experience. We are looking for a highly experienced, talented, and motivated Automotive Technician for our busy auto repair facility located in Lake Bluff, IL. Income opportunities among the highest in the industry!
Technician will be responsible for inspecting guest’s vehicles, diagnosing mechanical problems, accurately recommending repairs, and performing routine maintenance, and completing necessary repairs. The right candidate will have strong communication skills, must be a team player with a positive attitude and must be passionate about giving our guests the best experience they are accustomed to. Management, Service Advisors, and Parts counter personnel deeply respect our technicians and value their input. We have state of the art equipment, a modern twist with all the latest software, well-lit work areas, WiFi, and computer terminals available. Our promise is to deliver the award-winning service and value our guests deserve. We are well known in our community for being honest and trustworthy and we strive to amaze our guests each and every time. If you know your stuff and have what it takes - come join our team in this exciting adventure! Together we’ll thrive!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine vehicles based on guests’ requests or concerns
- Minimizes customer complaints through the provision of thorough yet time-effective repair services.
- Able to work independently of others, while also assisting collaboratively with peers.
- Follow checklists to ensure a thorough inspection of all parts and systems
- Accurately troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues using modern computerized diagnostic equipment
- Effectively communicate with all associates, management, and guests; interprets and retains information and applies knowledge appropriately
- Effectively communicate to Service Advisors diagnosis and recommended repairs
- Diagnosing, maintaining, and performing repairs to all automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Highly experienced & strong diagnostic capabilities required
- ASE Certification is required (expired ASE is acceptable)
- Strong automotive background on newer or older vehicles
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- PPP - Polite, Professional and Punctual
- Basic to high computer skills required
- Hard working and motivated
- Must be open-minded and willing to learn new skills
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Salary & Benefits:
- Monday - Friday: NO WEEKENDS!
- Potential to earn over $50,000 base salary, lucrative commission structure based on ASE certifications & work hours produced, as well as team incentives
- Christmas Bonuses
- PAID Professional technician uniform services provided
- PAID Training
- PAID Vacations
- PAID Holidays
- PAID Personal/Sick days
- PAID Exotic team building adventures!
- Health benefits (Medical, Vision & Dental)
- Pension / 401(k) plans with employer contribution
- Discounts on tires and automotive services
- Positive environment, great culture, and lots of fun!